Doncaster Business for the Community (DB4C) are running their first charity Twenty20 cricket match in September and are calling for Doncaster business owners to get involved.
The newly formed charity is set to host a number of exciting events each year, all aimed at getting business owners active again but also raising money for local charities.
The first of these is the Twenty20 cricket match to be held at Doncaster Town Cricket Club combined with a family fun day. Two teams of 12 players will contest the first “Doncaster Business Community Vase” in a Twenty20 style match, which promises to be full of action and excitement. The crowd can watch on from the summer fun day taking place in the grounds: there is talk of bouncy castles, fairground rides and face painting for the kids; with prosecco vans, gourmet food stalls and craft ales for the adults.
DB4C are currently looking for players to take part and are actively seeking Doncaster-based business owners. The cost is just £150 per player and includes 6 weeks training up to the event, full kits with number on the back (players get to keep the shirt and cap after the event), participation medal, a great match experience, networking with other like for like business owners and finally, a chance to do your bit for charity in the local community.
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible to take part:
- Be able to participate in 4 out of the following 5 training sessions: w/c 31st July, 7th Aug, 21st Aug, 28th Aug, 4th Sept
- Be an owner of a Doncaster business (rates paid to DMBC) or in a senior position in a Doncaster business (rates paid to DMBC)
- Donate £150. This can be from your business or raised through sponsorship – DB4C can provide sponsorship forms
- Be able to make the match on 10th September and be available from 10 am that day.
- Sell a minimum of 15 tickets and promote the event to your employees, colleges, friends, clients, neighbour, partner etc.